Monday, August 22, 2011

There ain't not nobody but you

It's taken me a long time to really appreciate these words. I haven't thought about myself in such a ridiculously long time that it's hard to fathom that there's a "myself" at all.

But there is.

Events over the past while (take your pick: 6 months or 4 years) have kind of led me to sitting down with me, contemplating what it is to be me... And just who this me person really is. If I can, I'd like to break it down, starting with what I know. This will sort of come as a vomiting of words and ideas, but bear with me, if you would.

  1. I don't know who I am: I think that we're mostly all under this false pretense that we know who we are, what we want, and where we're going. But for the vast majority of us, no, back that up. For ME, I'm not sure who that is anymore. I used to be the quiet guy... The one who had a bunch of friends but never really spoke up about things. That unfit guy who never played sports, read a lot, played Magic, was awkward with pretty much everyone, the guy who'd be around to drive you home, that sort of thing. But, really, who IS that? Who AM I?
  2. I don't know what I want: I'm not alone with this one, I'm sure. Well, I know what I DON'T want. But that's for me to know.
  3. I'm at a point in my life where I need to expand my horizons... This means getting into more stuff related to my field. Finishing up Cégep isn't enough for me... But it's taken a couple of different events to actually drill that into my head.
  4. There ARE things that I'm doing my best to change... Most prominent of them being getting stronger. I've never been fit or active... Now I'm doing my best to keep at the gym at least 3x a week.

So, there are 4 little points about what's going on in the tête de me right now.

Confessions upcoming, don't worry ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment