Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Confession #2

I ... truthfully, if I didn't have to do anything at work today, I wouldn't have.

What a fucking lazy day at work. I could have just done nothing. At all. Would I have felt good about it? No, probably not... But I wouldn't have done anything either. Decent trade-off? That's just one of those questions.

Actually it was a good day. I'll admit, I enjoy it when I have things to do at work, that don't involve trying to learn a new coding language. It mixes up the day a bit. Keeps me interested. Kind of. I think.

Anyways. I enjoyed today at work. The analyst I work with was back after 5 weeks off, and had some things to be brought up to speed on. I spent most of the day fixing up her laptop, too. Had the usual mess of whatevers going on with coworkers, which were fixed with due speed.

All in all, just a regular day. Could have stayed home and been just as productive. So what is it that drives us to try and BE productive?

Is it because we love our job? Is it because we feel like we have to? Is it because if we don't we'll lose our job?

Or is it because we feel the need to fill in 8 hours of our day with crap that betters other people, but possibly hinders us from advancing? Ok, well that doesn't really happen... Because anything that we don't understand, we should be finding out more about, right? Right. At least, I try to do it.

This is what's leading me to head back to school, though. Still not 100% sure what direction in IT I want to go but ... Yeah.

That's about it for now. Bored? Yeah, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment