Monday, August 29, 2011

Confession #5

This one kinda follows in the footsteps of #4.

I forget. It happens. I'm also not the greatest at doing things regularly.

I don't know why, but it just feels like monotony is the bane of my existence. And what's more monotonous than repetition. Not much... Well, maybe watching 2001: A Space Odyssey, at 1.30am. Though, if you're doing that, then you've probably exhausted every single other resource that you know of in terms of sleep aid... I know. I've been there.

Back to the topic at hand. I have lots of trouble keeping up with things. For example, I've never been able to complete a video game over the past ... decade or so. Maybe that's why I loved World of Warcraft so much... There wasn't really an "end", per se. Guild Wars became kind of boring, insofar as content. But WoW, there's really no end to it, and there's always something to do.

This blog... This blog had a few straight days of posts, and then BOOM! Nothing over the weekend. I don't know why it happens... It just does. Something that I'm trying my hardest to avoid.

It's even spilled into my workouts. I've become lazy with going to the gym. I'm seeing results, but I guess my mind's like "No, we're just not going any more". That I can't let happen. I have to get to the gym regularly, else I'll just wallow in my own self-pity and regress a year.

So that being said, here's a random fact for you:
The custom of drinking tea originated in England when Catherine of Bragança married Charles II in 1661 and brought the practice of drinking tea in the afternoon with her from Portugal.

(from Wikipedia, Tea (meal) )

No comments:

Post a Comment