Monday, August 29, 2011

Confession #6

I don't think I'm very interesting.

Now, this has several implications to go with it.

First of all, I think I'm pretty boring. Which, as a matter of fact, sucks. Why? Well, it ties into things like not being able to talk to people about a multitude of things that may be interesting for both parties, thinking that you're boring the other person out of their right mind, losing confidence.

I also tend to think that I have to keep a conversation flowing all. the. time.

This, however, and in my opinion, isn't true. No one person needs to keep a conversation flowing all the time. All that points to is the fact that the other party is uninterested, bored, or they themselves think they are uninteresting.

One thing that I do notice, though, is that it seems to be a huge downward spiral. You try to get a conversation going with a topic, yet it fizzles out, even though you try your hardest to keep it going. Failing that (not necessarily your fault), you try another topic. Even less reaction. Now you start to feel downright silly. So it peters out into the topic favoured by many:

"So, nice day outside, eh? What'd you do on this sunny day of epic?"

"Not much... You?"

*sighs*

This doesn't just happen in the dating game, this happens with friends as well.

Bah.

There you go. 2 posts, 1 day.

Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment