Monday, August 22, 2011

Confession #1

I love food.

Yeah, I know, most people do. We all love food, right? Like, what's not to love? It tastes great, it's nutritious, gives us energy, and helps us shut our stomachs up.

But food's tricky.

I love food. I love eating it. I love smelling it. I love sampling new things... But I eat carbs. Cars are my enemy. Carbs are single-handedly destroying my workout goals, one by one.

Why, you may ask?

Well, I'm half Italian, which means that I love me my pastas, my pizzas, my calzones... Problem is, they're all carbs. Now, carbs taken in moderation are awesome. They provide long term energy.

The problem is that if you don't use 'em efficiently/soon enough, carbs turn to fat. Herein lies my problem with them. Maybe it's because I'm doing a strength-training program that I don't feel like doing any cardio. Maybe it's because I'm a lazy git that I don't feel like changing my diet.

I can tell you that those are the exact reasons why, actually.

What any program boils down to, is diet. Being a normal man, I haven't brought my diet into check. So, while making gains in strength, I'm still making gains in the old Molson Muscle area. Not. Fun. At. All. While I confess to loving food, I also must confess to HATING food. It trips me up so badly that I can't even begin to fathom where I might be if my diet was 100% spot on.

Oh, by the by, when I say diet, I'm referring to the food I put into my system... Not the Atkins diet or Weight Watchers or what have you. Purely the amount of calories/proteins/carbs/fats that go into my system.

For that, I am at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment