Monday, September 26, 2011

Confession #9

Nota Bene: This is NOT a re-hashing of #1. It's just on my brain. Thanks. :)

Eating is hard.

No, like, eating properly is very difficult. I'm still getting the hang of it.

Imagine ... You've been eating a certain way all of your life (aka: eating like you just don't care, which most of us don't). Now, all of a sudden, you're shown a different way of fueling yourself throughout the day, that makes sense, that will help you reach your goals... And holy fajolies is it difficult.

I mean, really.

I've always had a problem with carbs. That's been my weak point. Pastas, breads, etc.. It's been my downfall in really progressing... No... Transforming my figure.

Enter protein.

Oh god protein. Fish, chicken, lean beef, eggs, omnomnomnomnom. What's fun about eating protein-based stuff as opposed to carbs, is that you can eat MORE and not feel as full. Plus veggies. Plus a bit of carbs. Because long-term energy is important.

So here I am, trying a different approach to eating (~6 meals a day), seeing if it'll change my waistline any. Only time will tell, but as someone's told me: "Dieting is HARD. It's all mental."


One thing that I have to change. I have to beat myself mentally. One day, one thing, at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment